BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 20, 2009























Well I rebooted my computer and got my digital photo professional to work! Duh. So that's just awesomeness. You can see my pages in their bright blinding glory.

I intentionally made these bright and wacky because my life just doesn't have enough color in it. I'm trying. I have a blank pallette at our new apartment and I'm trying to make art to spice things up here.

I love my album for one reason, I made it MY way. In the old days, when I tried so hard to get published, I made things the HAPPENING way. What was HIP. IN. Well, I have no idea what's hip or in. I don't pick up magazines (they want so much money for them I'd rather buy papers! LOL)

I have rediscovered scrapbooking and it feels great. I stopped when I got divorced. I had no more happy memories to document. Nothing to cherish. I had my daughters but we were sad 99% of the time. I cried alot. I was alone. I remember my heart just aching night after night.

When I found Rodney, I found the will to live again. A reason to get out and live. We did so many fun things with the girls last summer and I cannot wait to scrapbook them. He's seen my dozens of OLD albums (with Donnie in them) and has told me he can't wait till we have our own albums of us, ones we can display. And here is our start. Here are our memories.

He loves my art. I love him for that. He knows making art makes me happy and thats why he likes me doing it.

He told me last weekend I could go to Archivers while I was out buying his Christmas gifts. I responded to him that I don't go in there and come out without buying stuff. And I wanted to buy HIM something. But the thought was so sweet. That he didn't care if I stopped by and got a few sheets of paper or something.

Supposedly he bought me a gift there. We went in the next day together and he wanted ideas for other stuff I might like for future gifts. I looked at him and responded that there is not one thing in Archivers that I couldn't put to good use! LOL

Feels good to have a man that listens to my likes and dislikes, then has the motivation to go to the store and find something just right for me. He pays attention when I speak, adn it shows.

It makes me want to make 100 pages about how awesome he is, how sweet he is, how much I make myself gag when I say stuff like that, but basically he supports me. It took me a while to let him do that. I''m so used to not having support. I'm used to being torn down when I"m already down, instead of lifted up when I need it most.

So there are some deep thoughts out of me for now. I'm sure this weekend there will be more to come when I see just what that box holds under the tree! :)

0 comments: