BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

i don't find it a coincidence.

i am tasking myself with finishing some of my English writing and I have the assignment of writing about someone who interests me, dead or alive, public figure, and to cite a source.

I do a google search and I swear to zeus' butthole, I put J-E and Jeffrey Dahmer popped up as the first option.

I swear to zeus' butthole that I was SO GOING to write about Dahmer.

I'm not quite sure what fascinates me or anyone else about this person. I'm guessing is that he did things SO undisputedly bizarre, things we cannot as human beings even picture in our head.

If we could, we'd stab out our minds eye.

I have seen the A&E show about him many times. I always seem to watch it when I catch it on, as if I cannot soak in the realness of the crimes.

What I find so alarming is that for all intents and purposes, he had a normal upbringing. In the article I chose to source for this piece, it is cited that a major catalyst in his development was first his younger sibling being born, and then his parents divorce.

Does anyone else worry they are raising someone with such problems? I made 2 of my children go through a birth of a sibling, and then I put them all through a divorce.

I choose not to believe it's this cut and dry. What makes people like this wired differently? What differentiates someone like myself who has relations with a live person, from someone who enjoys necrophilia?

The article goes on to state that he chose, which implies intention and full control over actions, borderline criminals or vagrants, people no one would notice went missing. He excercised total control, performing labotomies on victims so that they would still be awake but unable to comprehend or fight back.

In May of 1991 was when the infamous "near miss" incident happened, where his minor aged victim had escaped and was screaming for help. When police responded, they took Dahmers word that they were loves, and left the boy with him. As soon as they left, he murdered and dismembered the boy.

I always figure that image keeps those officers up at night to this day. If not, it really should and therefore they would not be officers I'd want patrolling my neighborhood. I think that's probably the most upsetting fact in this entire bizarre case. They were IN HIS HOUSE.

But, all would I suppose come to an end in 1992 when he was found sane ad convicted to 15 consecutive life terms. Not that it would ever bring back any shred of hope to the people he had brutally and savagely murdered and the families they left behind.

But to me, the most bizarre twist in the whole story, and possibly the best definition of karma comes at the end.

He had been kept out of general population but requested to be moved into general population. He ws granted that request and subsequently had his skull bashed in and and beaten to death by 2 worker inmates. I cannot think of a more suiting description for karma than this.

So this is the person that interests me, only because it is so unfathomable that I cannot help but read and reread articles on him. That thought that a perfectly normal looking person might be living in a basement next to me...

(source: http://www.biography.com/articles/Jeffrey-Dahmer-9264755?part=0)

0 comments: